Personalized Eye Care in San Pedro
Overlooking beautiful Palos Verdes and the Los Angeles Harbor, Peninsula Eyecare Medical Associates (PEMA) has been serving the South Bay and Torrance Communities for over 40 years.
Located in San Pedro, adjacent to the Little Company of Mary-San Pedro Peninsula Hospital, Doctors Kenneth J Miller, and Julie Madani-Becker are pleased to provide comprehensive medical and surgical eye care for your entire family. We are proud of our warm and patient-friendly environment and our ability to provide Premium Service with Personalized Eye Care.
We offer Custom Vision Solutions for your entire family, from Eyewear and Contact Lenses to Routine and Medical Exams, as well as treat eye conditions such as Diabetic Eye Disease, Cataracts, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration and more.
Using state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology, we provide cutting-edge ophthalmic treatments for the benefit of our patients. We offer Custom Cataract Solutions reducing your need for glasses or contacts after cataract surgery, MIGS (Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery) options, and the latest equipment in the detection of Diabetic Eye Disease and Macular Degeneration.
We look forward to meeting with you and your family to provide outstanding medical and surgical eye care.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
Our Optical Shop
Our licensed opticians apply the latest technology to fit you for comfort, fashion and the clearest vision possible. In our convenient, on-site Optical Shop, we ensure the integrity of your prescription, we endeavor to provide quality products at a reasonable price with emphasis on maintaining the highest level of service after the sale and offer:
- Hundreds of fashion and designer frames to choose from
- Advanced lens materials, including extra thin and light lenses
- The newest and most advanced progressive (no line) bifocal lenses
- Prescription and non-prescription sunglasses
- Lens treatments, including UV protection, photochromic, polaroid, scratch resistance, anti-glare and fashion tints
- Children’s frames
- High definition lenses
- Safety and sport glasses
- Professional service and on-site repairs
We are proud that most of our patients are referred from existing patients or their personal physicians who have entrusted their families to our care.
Summertime often means long hours in the sun. Most of us remember to protect our skin by applying sunblock but don’t forget that your eyes need protection as well. It is important to start wearing proper eye protection at an early age to shield your eyes from years of ultraviolet exposure. “UV radiation, whether from natural …
1. There’s more than one type of cataract formation. The most common type of cataract (found in people over age 40) forms mainly in the center of your eye’s lens. This called a nuclear cataract. Another type of cataract is called a cortical cataract. This wedge-shaped cataract develops at the edge of the lens instead of the …